Nick Oliveri Arrested After S.W.A.T. Stand-Off
Former Queens of the Stone Age bassist was keeping girlfriend captive
Nick Oliveri, former Kyuss and Queens of the Stone Age bassist, has been arrested at his home in L.A. after a stand-off with a S.W.A.T. team. According to reports, Oliveri was keeping his girlfriend captive in his home after she went round to collect her things following an argument. When Oliveri refused the police entry to his home, they called the S.W.A.T. team and, after two hours of negotiation, managed to secure the girlfriend’s release. Oliveri himself turned himself in two hours after that.
Oliveri is most well-known for playing bass in stoner rock bands Queens of the Stone Age and Kyuss. In 2010 he rejoined Kyuss – now know as Kyuss Lives! – for a world tour.
- Apr 22, 2014RZA on Raekwon: Wu-Tang Clan 'Need Him' on Next Album
The producer responds to rapper's harsh comments about direction of pioneering group
- Apr 22, 2014Quentin Tarantino Gets Back in the Saddle With 'Hateful Eight' Western
Director assembles cast of "Tarantino Superstars," including Samuel L. Jackson and Kurt Russell, for reading of once-abandoned script
- Apr 22, 2014'Game of Thrones' Recap: A Feast for Crows
The Purple Wedding's over, but the follow-up's a storytelling smorgasbord
- Apr 22, 2014'Mad Men' Recap: All in a Day's Work
Office politics, gender issues and musical chairs dominate a dense, slow-cooking episode
- Apr 20, 2014Prince Promises New Album and Remasters After Label Partnership
"Both Warner Bros. Records and Eye are quite pleased with the results of the negotiations," Prince reports