Nick Oliveri Arrested After S.W.A.T. Stand-Off
Former Queens of the Stone Age bassist was keeping girlfriend captive
Nick Oliveri, former Kyuss and Queens of the Stone Age bassist, has been arrested at his home in L.A. after a stand-off with a S.W.A.T. team. According to reports, Oliveri was keeping his girlfriend captive in his home after she went round to collect her things following an argument. When Oliveri refused the police entry to his home, they called the S.W.A.T. team and, after two hours of negotiation, managed to secure the girlfriend’s release. Oliveri himself turned himself in two hours after that.
Oliveri is most well-known for playing bass in stoner rock bands Queens of the Stone Age and Kyuss. In 2010 he rejoined Kyuss – now know as Kyuss Lives! – for a world tour.
- Apr 10, 2014Inside Linkin Park's Heavy New Album: 'We Need to Weed Out the Emo'
The group looked for the sounds that inspired nu-metal while making their June record 'The Hunting Party'
- Apr 08, 2014Bob Geldof's Daughter Peaches Dead at 25
The writer, TV presenter and model's death is called "unexplained and sudden" by police
- Apr 08, 2014'Game of Thrones' Season Premiere Recap: Say Hi to the Bad Guys
The Lannisters shall inherit the earth as the epic fantasy kicks off a bold fourth season
- Apr 06, 2014Yasmine Hamdan Hits the Silver Screen
Singer-songwriter stars in Jim Jarmusch’s new film, secures U.S. release for debut LP
- Apr 06, 2014Elton’s Off-the-Cuff Masterpiece, Revisited
The singer looks back at the chaotic sessions for ‘Goodbye Yellow Brick Road’