Nick Oliveri Arrested After S.W.A.T. Stand-Off
Former Queens of the Stone Age bassist was keeping girlfriend captive
Nick Oliveri, former Kyuss and Queens of the Stone Age bassist, has been arrested at his home in L.A. after a stand-off with a S.W.A.T. team. According to reports, Oliveri was keeping his girlfriend captive in his home after she went round to collect her things following an argument. When Oliveri refused the police entry to his home, they called the S.W.A.T. team and, after two hours of negotiation, managed to secure the girlfriend’s release. Oliveri himself turned himself in two hours after that.
Oliveri is most well-known for playing bass in stoner rock bands Queens of the Stone Age and Kyuss. In 2010 he rejoined Kyuss – now know as Kyuss Lives! – for a world tour.
- Aug 27, 2014Q&A: Grandmaster Flash
The hip-hop pioneer talks to Rolling Stone on the eve of his Doha gig
- Aug 12, 2014Robin Williams, Oscar-Winning Actor and Comedian, Dead at 63 in Apparent Suicide
"He has been battling severe depression of late," says actor's publicist. "This is a tragic and sudden loss"
- Jul 27, 2014On the Cover: Yasmine Hamdan
Get a first look at the new issue of Rolling Stone Middle East
- Jul 06, 2014From Beirut to Britain: Postcards Hit the Road
The Lebanese folk-rock outfit on their U.K. tour and plans for their debut studio album
- Jul 05, 2014Dubomedy Team Take 'Clowns Who Care' Classes to Refugee Camp
Young Syrian refugees in Jordan receive performing arts and visual arts classes