Nick Oliveri Arrested After S.W.A.T. Stand-Off
Former Queens of the Stone Age bassist was keeping girlfriend captive
Nick Oliveri, former Kyuss and Queens of the Stone Age bassist, has been arrested at his home in L.A. after a stand-off with a S.W.A.T. team. According to reports, Oliveri was keeping his girlfriend captive in his home after she went round to collect her things following an argument. When Oliveri refused the police entry to his home, they called the S.W.A.T. team and, after two hours of negotiation, managed to secure the girlfriend’s release. Oliveri himself turned himself in two hours after that.
Oliveri is most well-known for playing bass in stoner rock bands Queens of the Stone Age and Kyuss. In 2010 he rejoined Kyuss – now know as Kyuss Lives! – for a world tour.
- Jun 30, 2014Bobby Womack (1944-2014)
A dramatic life, a distinct voice: remembering the soul legend and his incredible seven-decade career
- Jun 24, 2014Read Tupac Shakur’s Heartfelt Letter to Public Enemy’s Chuck D
“Back in the dayz, on tour with u, I learned so much from what u did and how u did it,” Shakur wrote
- Jun 19, 2014Courtney Love on Dave Grohl: ‘It’s Time to Make Amends’
The singer reportedly made the statement after seeing a picture of Grohl during a talk at Cannes Lions
- Jun 17, 2014Deadmau5 on EDM: 'It'll Eventually F*** Itself So Hard'
Electronic producer talks about the scene's coming demise, EDM festivals and his new LP
- Jun 17, 2014N.W.A. Biopic Casts Dr. Dre, Eazy-E for 'Straight Outta Compton'
Delayed film based on pioneering hip-hop group set to begin principal photography within two months