George Harrison Documentary Set for Release
Former Beatles guitarist subject of Martin Scorsese film
Living in the Material World: George Harrison, the new documentary about the former Beatles guitarist directed by Martin Scorsese, is set to be released in October. The film will tell the story of Harrison’s life, from his days in The Beatles to his later solo work and filmmaking. It will be made up of previously unreleased footage, home movies, photographs and interviews with Eric Clapton, George Martin, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr and Yoko Ono, among others.
Scorsese directed the film in collaboration with Harrison’s widow Olivia, who also put together a book, George Harrison: Living in the Material World, to accompany the documentary release.
- Jun 30, 2014Bobby Womack (1944-2014)
A dramatic life, a distinct voice: remembering the soul legend and his incredible seven-decade career
- Jun 24, 2014Read Tupac Shakur’s Heartfelt Letter to Public Enemy’s Chuck D
“Back in the dayz, on tour with u, I learned so much from what u did and how u did it,” Shakur wrote
- Jun 19, 2014Courtney Love on Dave Grohl: ‘It’s Time to Make Amends’
The singer reportedly made the statement after seeing a picture of Grohl during a talk at Cannes Lions
- Jun 17, 2014Deadmau5 on EDM: 'It'll Eventually F*** Itself So Hard'
Electronic producer talks about the scene's coming demise, EDM festivals and his new LP
- Jun 17, 2014N.W.A. Biopic Casts Dr. Dre, Eazy-E for 'Straight Outta Compton'
Delayed film based on pioneering hip-hop group set to begin principal photography within two months